We are dedicated to helping you clearly understand and effectively use the skills of Nonviolent Communication in your daily life. In that process, with NYCNVC you can expect to experience:
- Care - We are committed to providing beautiful, safe, comfortable and supportive environments for our participants and trainers.
- Respect - Every person's needs are held equally and all of our trainings are "request oriented", a partnership between the trainers and the participants. You will not be pressured to do an exercise or speak if you don't care to. Experience tells us that we all tend to learn faster and in a more sustainable way, when our needs are carefully considered and when we have a sense of choice, ease, partnership and fun.
- Fun - Yes, we take take NVC training seriously and at times we may feel sad. We also appreciate, enjoy and celebrate life... sometimes we laugh at (with) it.
- Accuracy - We are committed to being true to Marshall Rosenberg and clearly understanding and articulating his work.
- Access - Our teams work tirelessly to bridge economic, geographic and cultural boundaries by creating and implementing systems to offer globally consistent, multi-lingual, multi-cultural, no-cost and low-cost NVC training. We offer a continuously growing, no-cost online Media Library, Open Source NVC Practice Group Curriculum, Introductory Online Exercise and "The Compassion Course". NYCNVC has funded over two thousand scholarships in 2017 alone and serves an active community of over 35,000 people from more than 140 countries.
- Community - We have found that being part of a co-learning, co-growing "NVC Community" dramatically increases our ability to learn and practice Nonviolent Communication. NYCNVC strives to continue being such a community.
NYCNVC offers a "living yet codified" curriculum that has been constantly developed since 2005. It is continually, incrementally revised and improved by the entire NYCNVC Training Staff/Community worldwide. This means whether you attend a "Discovery Weekend" in Vienna (in German) or Detroit (in English), you will have a consistent training experience and be ready to knowledgeably and productively attend your next training, free from unnecessary repetition, confusion or mixed messages.
It also means our curriculum is always evolving and improving. And that means faster, funner, more effective learning and daily-life results.
Core trainings are designed to impart a clear, comprehensive understanding and experience of what NVC is and how it functions in our lives. Core trainings include "Discovery Weekends", "Practice Groups", "Empathy Day-School" and the “Integration Program”. These trainings are offered every year. Together, they provide a path to making the work of NVC a reality in your life.
For anyone who wishes to pursue their practice further, we offer the following options:
- The Integration Program is a comprehensive 6-month program consisting of three 4-day residential intensives held each year in June, September and November, with partner practice in between trainings. The program creates a growth and support system that provides all of the elements needed to take NVC beyond the method or the model, to an integrated perspective, consciousness and practice. It is designed for people who have a clear understanding and experience of NVC and are inspired to make it part of how they interact within themselves and how they interact with others.
- For those who are unable, for any reason, to commit to the entire Integration Program, every year we offer at least one non-residential 3-day empathy training, the Empathy Day-School, which provides a strong foundation to integrate the practice of empathy in our lives.
Beyond these core trainings, we are currently working on the development of an advanced practice group curriculum as well as new advanced trainings for Integration Program graduates. We also enjoy inviting guest trainers to share their skills and wisdom with us. Make sure you subscribe to our webpage to receive updates.
In addition to group training, NYCNVC offers mentoring for individuals who would like to work "one with one" with a trained NVC Mentor. NYCNVC has developed a mentoring protocol designed for serious NVC learners. The program affords a clear process of assessment, goal setting and ongoing practice, inspired by NVC consciousness. CLICK HERE to learn more.
The Compassion Course Online
This one-year international online course offers weekly support to learn concepts, skills, and insights to create and experience more compassion and understanding in your life. The course guides participants from the very beginnings to highly advanced practice.
Each installment of the Compassion Course Online is emailed to the members of the course starting on June 20th, 2018 with subsequent installments sent weekly thereafter for 52 weeks. There is a member Message Board and numerous Facebook pages that connect our global community on a daily basis, while our monthly recorded conference calls expand our connection and learning. The 2017/18 Compassion Course has over 6,000 participants from over 140 countries and is delivered in 4 languages.
Anyone can participate in the course, regardless of time, financial or geographic restraints. CLICK HERE for more information and to sign up for updates.
NYCNVC has open opportunities for facilitators and leaders in our Tele-workshop Program and our Practice Group Program. If you are interested in becoming an NYCNVC partner in sharing NVC, please contact our Course Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (646) 201-9226.